CHIN HAN Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
Ng Chin Han is a Singaporean actor of stage, film and television whose career has spanned more than 20 years. Usually credited as just Chin Han, he is one of the most prolific Asian actors in Hollywood. His breakout role was in the 2006 film The Dark Knight, where he played Lau, the right-hand man of the Joker. Chin Han has also starred in numerous other Hollywood blockbusters, such as Independence Day: Resurgence, Contagion and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He is currently starring in the hit TV series The Blacklist.
Chin Han Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
- Real Name – Ng Chin Han
- Profession – Actor
- Active Years – 1994-present
- Date of Birth – 27 November 1969
- Place of Birth – Singapore
- Spouse – Hannah Quinlivan (m. 1999)
- Net Worth – $5 million
- Height – 6 feet (1.83 m)
- Weight – 78 kg (172 lbs)
- Zodiac Sign – Libra
- Nationality – Singaporean
- Ethnicity – Chinese
- Religion – Christianity
- College/University – LASALLE College of the Arts
- Hobbies – Travelling and playing tennis
- Debut – Masters of the Sea
- Marital Status – Married
- Children – 2 (Ivy and Gabe)
- Parents – Father: Ng Wai Tak; Mother: Chan Ming Fon
- Siblings – 1 (Brother: Ng Wai Wah)
CHIN HAN Early Life & Career
Chin Han was born Ng Chin Han on 27 November 1969 in Singapore, to a Chinese father and Malaysian mother. He has an older brother, Ng Wai Wah. Chin Han’s parents divorced when he was eight years old, after which he lived with his father. Chin Han’s father worked as a taxi driver to support the family.
Chin Han graduated from LASALLE College of the Arts in 1994 with a diploma in acting. That same year, he starred in Masters of the Sea, Singapore television’s first full-length English drama series to be produced in Singapore. The series was a hit and launched Chin Han’s career.
In 1998 Chin Han made his US film debut in Blindness, an Official Selection at the 2nd Hollywood Film Festival in a leading role opposite Vivian Wu. Soon after, he starred in the Singapore mini-series Alter Asians which won the 2001 Asian Television Award for Best TV Movie of the Year.
As a director, he has helmed acclaimed Asian premieres of plays like David Hare’s The Blue Room and co-produced the official musical adaptation of Les Misérables in Singapore.
Chin Han is married to Taiwanese model Hannah Quinlivan, with whom he has two children: daughter Ivy (born 2015) and son Gabe (born 2017).
CHIN HAN Movie Career
Chin Han made his US film debut in 1998’s Blindness, starring opposite Vivian Wu. He has since gone on to star in a number of Hollywood blockbusters, such as The Dark Knight (2006), Independence Day: Resurgence (2016), Contagion (2011) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).
Chin Han is currently starring in the hit TV series The Blacklist. He plays Cheng Zhen, a Chinese intelligence operative who goes head-to-head with Raymond Reddington (played by James Spader).
CHIN HAN Achievements And Awards
Chin Han has won numerous awards throughout his career, including the 2001 Asian Television Award for Best TV Movie of the Year for Alter Asians.
CHIN HAN Personal Life
Chin Han is married to Taiwanese model Hannah Quinlivan, with whom he has two children: daughter Ivy (born 2015) and son Gabe (born 2017). Chin Han is a Christian. He speaks English, Mandarin, and Cantonese fluently. Chin Han has traveled to over 50 countries and has a passion for tennis. He is an avid fan of the Manchester United football team.
- Favorite Food – Sashimi
- Favorite Movie – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Favorite TV Show – Breaking Bad (2008-2013)
- Favorite Actor – Tom Hanks
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite sports team – Manchester United FC
CHIN HAN Trivia
- Chin Han’s parents divorced when he was eight years old.
- Chin Han’s father worked as a taxi driver to support the family.
- Chin Han graduated from LASALLE College of the Arts in 1994 with a diploma in acting.
- Chin Han made his US film debut in 1998’s Blindness, starring opposite Vivian Wu.
CHIN HAN Controversy
In 2006, Chin Han was involved in a controversy when he was caught smoking in an MRT station. He was fined $200 for the offense.
In 2011, Chin Han was again involved in a controversy when he was accused of plagiarism by Taiwanese author Neil Chen. Chen claimed that Chin Han’s book I Am A Magic Carpet contained plagiarized passages from his own work, The Legend of the Black Stone. Chin Han denied the allegations and the matter was eventually resolved out of court.
In 2014, Chin Han sparked controversy when he spoke out against Singapore’s mandatory military service. Chin Han said that he was “not proud” of the fact that he had to do national service, and that it was a “waste of time”. He later clarified his remarks, saying that he was not against national service itself, but rather the way it is currently implemented in Singapore.
Some Lesser Known Facts About CHIN HAN
- Does Chin Han Smoke? Yes
- Does Chin Han drink alcohol? Yes
- Does Chin Han go to the gym? No
- Does Chin Han eat meat? Yes
- Does Chin Han have any tattoos? No
- What is Chin Han’s shoe size? 8 (US)