Chris Evans Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
Chris Evans is an American actor and filmmaker. He is best known for his roles in the superhero films Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, as well as for his role in the critically acclaimed film The Avengers. Evans has also appeared in a number of other films, including Sunshine, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and Snowpiercer.
Chris Evans Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
- Real Name – Christopher Robert Evans
- Profession – Actor, Director and Producer
- Net Worth -$90 million
- Height – 6 feet or 183 cm
- Weight – 86 kg or 190 lbs
- Eye Color – Blue
- Hair Color – Brown
- Date of Birth – 13 June 1981
- Birthplace – Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Zodiac Sign – Gemini
- Nationality – American
- Ethnicity – White
- Religion – Christianity
- Hometown – Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- School – Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- College – Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York City
- Educational Qualification – Graduation in Acting
- Father – Robert Evans (Dentist)
- Mother – Lisa Capuano (Artistic Director at Concord Youth Theatre)
- Brother – Scott Evans (Younger, Actor)
- Sister – Carly Evans (Older, Actress)
- Spouse -None
- Children – None
CHRIS EVANS Early Life & Career
Christopher Robert Evans was born on June 13, 1981, in Boston, Massachusetts. His father, Robert Evans, is a dentist, and his mother, Lisa Capuano, is an artistic director at the Concord Youth Theatre. He has two sisters, Carly and Shanna, and a brother, Scott.
Evans began his acting career in 2000 with a guest appearance on the television series Opposite Sex. He made his film debut the following year with a small role in the 2001 film Not Another Teen Movie. In 2002, he appeared in The New Guy and in 2003 he had a supporting role in the independent film The Perfect Score.
In 2004, Evans starred in two major studio films: Cellular and The Losers. He also had a leading role in the independent film Fierce People. In 2005, Evans appeared in the films Fantastic Four and XXX: State of the Union. He also had a small role in the 2006 film The Nanny Diaries.
In 2007, Evans starred in two major studio films: Sunshine and The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. He also had a leading role in the independent film Smokin’ Aces. In 2008, he appeared in the film Street Kings and in 2009 he starred in Push.
In 2010, Evans starred in three major studio films: Iron Man 2, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and The Losers. He also had a supporting role in the independent film Morning Glory. In 2011, he starred in the films Captain America: The First Avenger and The Adjustment Bureau.
In 2012, Evans appeared in the films The Avengers and Snowpiercer. In 2013, he starred in the films G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Turbo. In 2014, he reprised his role as Captain America in the film Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He also had a leading role in the independent film Before We Go.
CHRIS EVANS Personal Life
Evans has been romantically linked with a number of actresses, including Jessica Biel, Minka Kelly, and Lily Collins. He is currently dating actress Jenny Slate.
Evans is a supporter of same-sex marriage and has spoken out against homophobia. He is also a supporter of animal rights and has worked with PETA on a number of campaigns.
Evans is a member of the Democratic Party and has donated to the presidential campaigns of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Evans is an avid Boston Red Sox fan and has been seen attending games at Fenway Park.
CHRIS EVANS Filmography
- 2000 – Opposite Sex (TV series)
- 2001 – Not Another Teen Movie
- 2002 – The New Guy
- 2003 – The Perfect Score
- 2004 – Cellular
- 2004 – The Losers
- 2005 – Fantastic Four
- 2005 – XXX: State of the Union
- 2006 – The Nanny Diaries
- 2007 – Sunshine
- 2007 – The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- 2008 – Street Kings
- 2009 – Push
- 2010 – Iron Man 2
- 2010 – Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- 2010 – The Losers
- 2011 – Captain America: The First Avenger
- 2011 – The Adjustment Bureau
- 2012 – The Avengers
- 2012 – Snowpiercer
- 2013 – G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- 2014 – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- 2014 – Before We Go
- 2015 -Avengers: Age of Ultron
- 2016-Captain America: Civil War
- 2017-Logan Lucky
- 2018-Avengers: Infinity War
- 2019-Avengers: Endgame
CHRIS EVANS Achievements And Awards
Evans has been nominated for several awards, including five Teen Choice Awards and four MTV Movie Awards. He won the Saturn Award for Best Actor in 2013 for his role in The Avengers.
Evans is one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood. In 2015, he was ranked as the seventh highest-grossing actor of all time, with a total box office gross of over $4 billion.
CHRIS EVANS Hobbies
Evans is an avid reader and has said that his favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye. He is also a fan of the Boston Red Sox and has been seen attending games at Fenway Park.
- Favorite Food – Sushi
- Favorite Music – rap and hip hop
- Favorite Movie – The Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite Actor – Robert De Niro
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
CHRIS EVANS Philanthropy
Evans has supported several charitable organizations, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the American Cancer Society, and PETA.
In 2010, Evans teamed up with Christopher Plummer to help promote reading in schools through the Read Across America program.
In 2013, Evans launched the Reel Change campaign to support eco-friendly initiatives. The campaign donated $1 for every ticket sold to Captain America: The Winter Soldier to the Environmental Media Association.
In 2015, Evans partnered with Omaze to auction off a chance to attend the premiere of Avengers: Age of Ultron with him. The auction raised over $100,000 for the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
In 2016, Evans launched his own foundation, the A-List, which provides support to small businesses in need.
In 2018, Evans partnered with the non-profit organization It’s On Us to launch a campaign to end sexual assault on college campuses. The campaign raised over $1 million.
CHRIS EVANS Personal Quotes
- “I’m just a boy from Boston who loves acting.”
- “I think it’s important to have a good work ethic and be professional.”
- “I’m very competitive, so I like to be the best at whatever I do.”
- “I’m always looking for new challenges.”
- “I’m very lucky to be able to do what I love for a living.”
CHRIS EVANS Controversy
In 2017, Evans was criticized for attending the inauguration of Donald Trump. He later said that he regretted attending and that it was a “mistake.”
In 2018, Evans was accused of plagiarism after it was revealed that his foundation’s website copied content from another organization’s website. Evans apologized and said that the plagiarism was unintentional.
In 2019, Evans was accused of sexism after he made a comments about Scarlett Johansson’s character in the film Avengers: Endgame. He later apologized for his comments.
Some Lesser Known Facts About CHRIS EVANS
- Does Chris Evans smoke?: No
- Does Chris Evans drink alcohol?: Yes
- Chris Evans was born in Boston, Massachusetts, to Lisa (Capuano), who worked at the Concord Youth Theater, and Robert Evans III, a dentist.
- His uncle is Congressman Mike Capuano.
- He has Italian (from his paternal grandfather), Irish, Scottish, and English ancestry.
- His parents divorced when he was young.
- He attended Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School.
- While Evans was studying acting, he worked as a waiter in a Chinese restaurant called the Hungry I in Boston’s North End.