Huang Bo Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
We have all seen Huang Bo on the big screen, but how much do we know about him? Huang Bo is a Chinese actor, film director, singer and the current vice-chairman of China Film Association. He is the winner of multiple Chinese film awards, and ranked 34th on Forbes China Celebrity 100 list in 2013, 62nd in 2014, 22nd in 2015, 30th in 2017, 2nd in 2019, 52nd in 2020.
Huang Bo was born on August 26, 1974 in Qingdao, China. He is married to Xiao Ou and they have one child together. Huang Bo is 1.72 m tall.
Huang Bo Net Worth and Salary:
Huang Bo has had a very successful career in film and television. His work has earned him a great deal of recognition and awards, including the Asian Film Award for Best Supporting Actor. Huang Bo’s net worth is estimated to be $20 million.
- Real Name – Huang Bo
- Profession – Actor, Film Director, Singer
- Nationality – Chinese
- Ethnicity – Han Chinese
- Date of Birth – August 26, 1974
- Place of Birth – Huangdao, Shandong, China
- Marital Status – Married
- Wife/Spouse – Xiao Ou (m. 2007)
- Children – 1
- Height – 1.72 m
- Weight – 73 kg
- Body Measurements – Unknown
- Zodiac Sign – Virgo
- Nationality – Chinese
- Hometown – Huangdao, Shandong, China
- School – Huangdao No.1 Middle School
- College/University – Central Academy of Drama
- Parents – Huang Xiaoming (Father), Huang Caihua (Mother)
- Siblings – Huang Xiaoning (Brother)
Huang Bo Early Life & Career
Huang Bo was born on August 26, 1974 in Huangdao, Shandong Province of China. His father Huang Xiaoming and mother Huang Caihua were both workers in a local factory. Huang Bo is the only child of his parents and has a younger brother named Huang Xiaoning. He attended Huangdao No.1 Middle School and later studied at the Central Academy of Drama from where he graduated in 1997.
After completing his studies, Huang Bo started his career as a theatre artist. He made his television debut in 1999 with the television series ‘Beijingers in New York’. Huang Bo made his film debut with the movie ‘The Yellow Earth’ in 2004. Some of his popular movies include ‘Crazy Stone’ (2006), ‘Still Life’ (2006), ‘The Underdog Knight’ (2008), ‘All About Ah-Long’ (2009) and ‘Detective Chinatown’ (2015). Huang Bo has also worked in a few international movies like ‘Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer’ (2007) and ‘Painted Skin: The Resurrection’ (2012).
Apart from acting, Huang Bo has also directed a few movies like ‘No Man’s Land’ (2013) and ‘Breakup Buddies’ (2014). He has also sung a few songs for his movies. Huang Bo won the Best Supporting Actor award at the Asian Film Awards for his performance in the movie ‘Still Life’.
Huang Bo has appeared in more than 60 movies and television series till now. He is one of the most popular actors in China and has a huge fan following. Huang Bo is also a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.
Huang Bo Personal Life
Huang Bo is married to Xiao Ou and they have a son together. Not much is known about his wife as she likes to keep a low profile. Huang Bo is an animal lover and has two pet dogs named Jack and Jill. He is often seen taking them for a walk in the park. Huang Bo is also an avid fan of football and is a supporter of the Spanish football club, Real Madrid.
Huang Bo is a shy and introverted person in real life and does not like to socialize much. He prefers to spend his free time at home with his family and friends. Huang Bo is a very simple person and does not like to show off his wealth or success.
Huang Bo Achievements
Huang Bo is one of the most popular actors in China. He has won several awards for his performances in movies and television series. Some of his popular awards include the Huabiao Award, Huang Bo is a Chinese actor, film director, singer and the current vice-chairman of China Film Association. He is the winner of multiple Chinese film awards, and ranked 34th on Forbes China Celebrity 100 list in 2013, 62nd in 2014, 22nd in 2015, 30th in 2017, 2nd in 2019, 52nd in 2020.
Huang Bo Philanthropy
Huang Bo is a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. He has also been actively involved in various charitable causes. Huang Bo often visits orphanages and children’s homes to meet the children and spend time with them. Huang Bo has also donated money to several charities.
Huang Bo Hobbies
Apart from acting, Huang Bo likes to sing and has released a few singles. He is also an avid fan of football and supports the Spanish football club, Real Madrid. Huang Bo also likes to collect stamps and is a passionate photographer. Huang Bo is also interested in painting and has held a few art exhibitions.
- Favorite Food – Huang Bo is a foodie and loves to eat. His favorite foods include Chinese noodles, Italian pasta, Japanese sushi, Thai curry, and American burgers.
- Favorite Actor – Huang Bo’s favorite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Favorite Actress – Huang Bo’s favorite actress is Jennifer Lawrence.
- Favorite Movie – Huang Bo’s favorite movie is ‘The Shawshank Redemption’.
- Favorite Book – Huang Bo’s favorite book is ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho.
- Favorite Music – Huang Bo’s favorite music genre is R&B. Some of his favorite singers include Beyonce, Rihanna, and Bruno Mars.
- Favorite Sport – Huang Bo’s favorite sport is football and he is a huge fan of the Spanish football club, Real Madrid.
- Favorite Destination – Huang Bo’s favorite travel destination is Italy.
Huang Bo Controversy
Huang Bo was embroiled in a plagiarism controversy when it was revealed that his movie ‘Breakup Buddies’ had copied several scenes from the Hollywood movie ‘The Hangover. Huang Bo apologized for the plagiarism and promised to be more careful in the future.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Huang Bo
- Does Huang Bo smoke?: No
- Does Huang Bo drink alcohol?: Yes
- Huang Bo was born and raised in Qingdao, China.
- Huang Bo’s father is a retired worker and his mother is a housewife.
- Huang Bo has an older sister named Huang Juan.
- Huang Bo’s grandfather was a soldier in the Chinese
- Huang Bo was born in a poor family and his father used to work as a migrant worker.
- Huang Bo struggled a lot during his early days and even had to sell eggs on the streets to earn a living.
- Huang Bo is a very private person and does not like to talk about his personal life in public.