Jay Chou Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
Jay Chou is one of the most popular singers in Taiwan. He is known for his work with lyricist Vincent Fang, with whom he has frequently collaborated on his music. Jay Chou has sold over 30 million records and is considered the “King of Mandopop”. He is also an accomplished actor and television personality.
Jay Chou Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
- Real Name – 周杰倫 / ZHOU JIE LUN
- Nickname – 小周 / XIAO ZHOU, 周董 / ZHOU DONG
- Profession – Singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, actor, director
- Net Worth – $800 million USD
- Birthday – 18 January 1979
- Height – 178cm
- Weight – 60kg
- Star sign – Capricorn
- Chinese zodiac – Sheep
- Blood type – A
- Family – Wife Hannah Quinlivan, daughter Hathaway Chou (born
- 2015), son Romeo Chou (born 2018)
- Talent agency – JVR Music
- Birthplace – 高雄市 / KAO XIANG SHI, Taiwan
- Hometown – 新北市 / XIN BEI SHI, Taiwan
- Residence – 北投區 / BEITOU QU, Taipei
- College/University – 師範大學 / SHI FAN DA XUE, Taipei (drop out)
- Marital Status – Married to Hannah Quinlivan
- Interests – Cars, basketball
- Parents – 周玉妃 / ZHOU
- YU FEI (mother), 周啟明 / ZHOU QI MING (father)
- Siblings – 周筆暢 / ZHOU
- BI CHANG (older brother), 周崇澤 / ZHOU
- CHONG ZE (older brother)
JAY CHOU Early Life & Career
Jay Chou was born in Linkou, Taipei on 18 January 1979. His parents are Zhou Yu Fei and Zhou Qi Ming. He has two older brothers, Zhou Bi Chang and Zhou Chong Ze. Chou’s father is a secondary school teacher while his mother is a housewife.
Chou was raised in Tamsui, Taipei. He enjoyed playing the piano and cello as a child. When he was in third grade, his interest in music theory began. In 1996, Chou enrolled at Tamkang Senior High School.
During his high school years, he started to learn how to play the guitar and drums. He also became a fan of hip hop and rap music. In 1998, Chou’s high school band, JJ Lin & The Dreamers, released their first album, “Music Life”.
In 1999, Chou graduated from high school and enrolled at Taipei National University of the Arts. However, he dropped out after one semester to pursue a career in music.
Chou’s musical career began in 2000 with the release of his debut album, “Jay”, which was a huge success in Taiwan. Since then, he has released many albums and singles that have been well-received by the public.
Chou has also ventured into acting, appearing in several films and television dramas. In 2007, he made his directorial debut with the film, “Secret”.
In 2010, Chou won the “Best Actor” award at the Taipei Film Festival for his role in the film, “Initial D”.
In 2014, Chou starred in the Hollywood film, “The Green Hornet”.
Chou is married to model Hannah Quinlivan. The couple have two children together: daughter Hathaway Chou (born 2015) and son Romeo Chou (born 2018).
Chou is a car enthusiast and owns a collection of luxury cars, including a Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Aventador, and Porsche 911 Turbo S.
In 2007, Chou was named one of “The Most Influential People in the World” by Time magazine.
Jay Chou’s discography includes the following albums:
- 2000 – Jay
- 2002 – Fantasy
- 2003 – Yeh Hui Mei
- 2004 – November’s Chopin
- 2005 – Capricorn
- 2006 – Still Fantasy
- 2002 – Initial D as Takumi Fujiwara
- 2007 – Secret as Xiao Yu
- 2007 – Curse of the Golden Flower as Prince Jai
- 2010 – The Green Hornet as Kato
- 2014 – Aquaman as Arthur Curry / Orm Marius
- 2007 – Secret
Awards & Nominations
Over the course of his career, Jay Chou has won numerous awards and accolades, including:
- 2000 – Golden Melody Award for Best New Artist
- 2002 – Golden Melody Award for Best Male Mandarin Singer
- 2003 – World Music Award for World’s Best Male Artist
- 2004 – MTV Asia Award for Favorite Artist Taiwan
- 2005 – Channel V China Music Awards for Most Popular Male Artist
- 2006 – Channel V China Music Awards for Most Influential Artist of the Year
- 2007 – MTV Europe Music Award for Best Worldwide Act
- 2010 – Taipei Film Festival Award for Best Actor
- 2013 – Golden Melody Award for Best Male Mandarin Singer
- 2015 – Mnet Asian Music Award for Best Male Artist
- 2016 – Huang Zun Xian Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2017 – iQiyi Night Awards Ceremony for Global Chinese-Language Singer of the Year
Chou has also been nominated for several Grammy Awards.
Jay Chou is one of the most popular and successful musicians in Asia. He is known for his unique blend of Eastern and Western musical styles, as well as his charming persona. Over the course of his career, he has released many hit songs and albums that have won him numerous awards and accolades.
JAY CHOU Hobbies
- Favorite Food – Spicy food
- Favorite Sport – Basketball
- Favorite Music – Hip Hop, R&B, Pop
- Favorite Movie – Forrest Gump (1994)
- Favorite Actor – Tom Hanks
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite TV Show – Friends (1994-2004)
- Favorite Book – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Favorite Color – Blue
JAY CHOU Controversy
JAY CHOU is considered one of the most popular and successful musicians in Asia. He has sold over 30 million albums and has won numerous awards, including the World Music Award for World’s Best Male Artist and the MTV Europe Music Award for Best Worldwide Act. Chou has also been nominated for several Grammy Awards.
Despite his success, Chou has been embroiled in a number of controversies throughout his career. In 2006, he was accused of plagiarism by Chinese composer Zhang Yadong for the song “Nunchucks” off his album Still Fantasy. Chou settled the lawsuit out of court and paid Zhang an undisclosed sum of money.
In 2007, Chou was again accused of plagiarism, this time by Japanese composer Kousuke Oshima for the song “Blue and White Porcelain” off his album Capricorn. Chou denied the accusations and the matter was eventually settled out of court.
In 2010, Chou was criticized for comments he made about the Taiwan independence movement during an interview with French magazine Clique. Chou’s comments sparked a major backlash from Taiwanese netizens and he was subsequently banned from performing in Taiwan.
Despite the controversies, Jay Chou remains one of the most popular and successful musicians in Asia. He is known for his unique blend of Eastern and Western musical styles, as well as his charming persona.
Some Lesser Known Facts About JAY CHOU
- Does JAY CHOU smoke?: No
- Does JAY CHOU drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does JAY CHOU go to the gym?: Yes
- Does JAY CHOU have any tattoos?: Yes