Tom Cruise Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
Tom Cruise is one of the most popular actors in Hollywood. He has starred in some of the highest-grossing films of all time, including Mission: Impossible and Top Gun. Cruise is also known for his daredevil stunts, which have often earned him praise from critics.
Despite his success, Tom Cruise has also been the subject of controversy throughout his career. His involvement with the Church of Scientology has led to many public feuds, and he has been criticized for his outspoken views on various topics. Nonetheless, Tom Cruise remains one of the most successful actors in Hollywood, with a net worth of $570 million.
Tom Cruise Net Worth, Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography
- Real Name – Tom Cruise
- Profession – Actor
- Date of Birth – July 3, 1962
- Place of Birth – Syracuse, New York, United States
- Nationality – American
- Marital Status – Married
- Height – 5’7″ (1.70 m)
- Weight – 160 lbs (73 kg)
- Spouse – Katie Holmes (m. 2006–2012), Nicole Kidman (m. 1990–2001)
- Children – Suri Cruise, Isabella Jane Cruise, Connor Anthony Kidman Cruise
- Net Worth – $570 million
- Parents – Thomas Cruise Mapother III, Mary Lee Pfeiffer
- Siblings – Lee Anne DeVette, Cass Mapother, Marian Mapother
- Hometown – Syracuse, New York, United States
- College/University – Glen Ridge High School
TOM CRUISE Early Life & Career
Tom Cruise was born on July 3, 1962, in Syracuse, New York. His father, Thomas Cruise Mapother III, was an electrical engineer, and his mother, Mary Lee Pfeiffer, was a special education teacher. Cruise has three sisters: Lee Anne DeVette, Cass Mapother, and Marian Mapother.
Cruise attended Glen Ridge High School in New Jersey before dropping out to pursue a career in acting. He made his film debut in 1981’s Endless Love, and his first major role came in 1983’s Risky Business. The film was a critical and commercial success, and it helped to launch Tom Cruise’s career.
In 1986, Tom Cruise starred in the action film Top Gun. The film was a massive hit, grossing over $350 million at the box office. Cruise’s performance as the cocky fighter pilot Maverick earned him praise from critics, and he became one of Hollywood’s biggest stars.
Tom Cruise has starred in many successful films over the course of his career, including The Firm (1993), Jerry Maguire (1996), Vanilla Sky (2001), and Collateral (2004). He has also received three Academy Award nominations, for Born on the Fourth of July (1989), Jerry Maguire, and Magnolia (1999).
In recent years, Tom Cruise has continued to appear in major Hollywood films, such as Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015) and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016).
TOM CRUISE Personal Life
Tom Cruise has been married three times. His first marriage was to actress Mimi Rogers from 1987 to 1990. Cruise then married Australian actress Nicole Kidman in December 1990. The couple had two children together, Isabella and Connor, before divorcing in 2001.
In April 2006, Tom Cruise married actress Katie Holmes. The couple had one child together, Suri, before divorcing in 2012. Since his divorce from Holmes, Cruise has been linked to several different actresses, including Emily Thomas and Cynthia Jorge.
TOM CRUISE Scientology Controversy
Tom Cruise is a well-known member of the Church of Scientology, and he has been outspoken about his beliefs in the past. In 2005, he caused controversy when he criticized psychiatry during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In recent years, Tom Cruise has been criticized for his involvement with the Church of Scientology. In 2013, he was recorded telling members of the church that they should “disconnect” from family members who are critical of Scientology. Cruise has also been accused of being abusive towards ex-wives Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes.
Despite the controversy surrounding his personal life, Tom Cruise remains one of Hollywood’s most successful actors. He is currently worth an estimated $570 million, and he shows no signs of slowing down.
TOM CRUISE Filmography
- 1981 – Endless Love
- 1983 – Risky Business
- 1986 – Top Gun
- 1988 – Cocktail
- 1989 – Born on the Fourth of July
- 1990 – Days of Thunder
- 1992 – A Few Good Men
- 1993 – The Firm
- 1996 – Jerry Maguire
- 1997 – Eyes Wide Shut
- 1999- Magnolia
- 2001- Vanilla Sky
- 2004- Collateral
- 2005- War of the Worlds
- 2006- Mission: Impossible III
- 2008 – Valkyrie
- 2011 – Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
- 2012 – Jack Reacher
- 2015 – Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation
- 2016 – Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- 2018 – Mission: Impossible – Fallout
TOM CRUISE Awards And Nominations
- Nominated: Best Actor – Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
- Nominated: Best Actor – Jerry Maguire (1996)
- Nominated: Best Supporting Actor – Magnolia (1999)
Golden Globe Awards
- Won: Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama – Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
- Won: Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical – Jerry Maguire (1996)
- Nominated: Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama – Rain Man (1988)
- Nominated: Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama – A Few Good Men (1992)
- Nominated: Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama – The Last Samurai (2003)
- Nominated: Best Actor in a Leading Role – Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Won: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role – Jerry Maguire (1996)
- Nominated: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role – Rain Man (1988)
- Nominated: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role – A Few Good Men (1992)
People’s Choice Awards
- Won: Favorite Motion Picture Actor – Jerry Maguire (1997)
TOM CRUISE Hobbies and Interests
In his spare time, Tom Cruise enjoys doing various activities, such as skiing, surfing, and piloting airplanes. He is also a licensed pilot and owns several aircraft.
Cruise is an avid fan of the Boston Red Sox baseball team, and he has been seen attending their games on numerous occasions. He is also a fan of the English soccer team Arsenal FC.
Tom Cruise is involved with several different charities, including the Church of Scientology’s Celebrity Centre International and United Artists. He has also donated money to various causes, such as 9/11 relief and Hurricane Katrina relief.
Some Lesser Known Facts About TOM CRUISE
-Tom Cruise is a practicing Scientologist.
-He has been awarded the Freedom Medal of Valor and the Humanitarian Award from the Church of Scientology.
-He was named one of People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People” in 1990.
-In 2006, he was Hollywood’s highest paid actor, earning $75 million.
-He is an avid sports fan and has a collection of over 200 sports cars.
-Tom Cruise is dyslexic.
-His favorite food is pizza.
-He loves to sing and has released several albums.